Daniels Capital Group and Giffels Design Build Inc., are pleased to announce development of Canada's first LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Flex Office Building in Mississauga, Ontario.
The Meadowvale development is comprised of two 50,000 square feet buildings designed to meet the demanding requirements of the LEED standard.
A site plan application is currently being processed by the City of Mississauga. With the City's co-operation, the development will start construction in the near future with substantial completion of Building 1 expected by September 2007.
Unique features of the development during construction are:
– Extraordinary care of the environment will be exercised to ensure that public lands, rivers and lakes are protected from construction activities.
– Products made with recycled content will be favoured and, when possible, construction waste will be recycled.
– Use of potable water inside and out the buildings will be reduced to minimize impact of construction on municipal services.
The design of the building will incorporate:
– Bicycle racks, showers and change rooms to provide the opportunity for a healthy work environment.
– Use of low VOC paints sealants and adhesives to improve the indoor air quality.
– A sophisticated HVAC system, controls and continually monitored C02 levels to provide the best air quality within the tenanted space.
– Extremely energy efficient HVAC and lighting systems to generation operational cost savings that flow directly to the tenants
The Daniels Capital Group and Giffels Meadowvale flex office buildings in Mississauga will offer tenants outstanding indoor air quality and energy efficient office space usually associated with expensive downtown office towers.
For more information please contact Mark Chapman, Giffels Design Build Inc. (416) 798-5484 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice President, Office Development
Giffels Design Build Inc.